Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Bars
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (I get this at Grounded)
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup NATURAL Peanut Butter (I used Peter Pan Natural Creamy bc I was out of Naturally More)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar (or Splenda mix brown sugar)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I would use Gharidelli 60% Cacao chips or Hershey dark)
- Old fashioned oats (optional ~ but I LOVE baked Oats so I sprinkled them on top of the bars before baking them. Decided against mixing them in because thought it may dry the bars out too much)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt on a large sheet of waxed paper. Stir with a fork.
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a mixing bowl. Stir vigorously until creamy. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Add the flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Dollop the dough into the baking dish and pat the top to smooth. Bake for about 15 minutes or until slightly puffy and very lightly browned at the edges. Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Store at room temperature, tightly covered with foil.
ENJOY! Remember ~ stick to 1 serving a day (or every other!)
Healthifed Oat Craisen Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Light Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp. LIGHT Blue Bonnet Stick Butter (or Margarine…whatever it is!)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees, drop by LITTLE Balls (bite size/two bites per cookie) onto cookie sheet, bake about 10 minutes. Note = Cookies will NOT change shape at all. So however you drop them on sheet is how they will look : )…so do good job!
Yields about 3 dozen (if you eat ZERO dough while baking. Good luck.)
Grilled Veggies (aka = Wedgies)
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, Peppers, Carrots, Onion, Cabbage, Pea Pods
Take one piece of aluminum foil & spray with Olive Oil. Heap veggies up on it. Spray veggies with Olive Oil. Sprinkle veggies with Italian Seasoning & Pepper (or any type of seasoning you like). Take another piece of foil and put it over top of veggies, then fold the two pieces together along each side to make rectangle shape.
Fire up the grill & keep on them on it for a good 35-40 minutes.
Delish. Healthy, nutritious, and FILLING. Perfect for spring weather grilling out!
Fat Free Fiesta Ranch Dip
- 1 container of Fat Free Sour Cream (16 oz.)
- 1 package of Fiesta Ranch dry seasoning mix (located in same aisle as salad dressings)
- Directions = mix them together & enjoy with carrots, celery, cauliflower, or whatever you choose!
Power Balls (approximately 75 – 100 calories per ball)
- 1 cup Peanut Butter — I use 1/2 cup Peter Pan Low Fat & 1/2 cup Naturally More
- 1 cup natural Honey — can also use Agav Nector
- 1/2 cup crushed Flax seeds
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (these have the best nutritional quality, so I’d stick to them!)
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Craisens (or other dried fruit…Blueberries are great, too!)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate chips or chunks (this is optional…taste great with or without!)
All you do is mix the PB & honey together until smooth, then add your Oats & Flax seeds. Mix. Add in the Almonds, Craisens, and Dark Chocolate. Once it is all combined, roll into balls about 1″ in diameter & place on cookie sheet…but you won’t bake them! Just fill up the cookie sheet and then stick it in the freezer for about an hour or two. Then pack them up in a tupperware container and keep them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy. ~ I recommend sitting 1 or 2 out for about 5 mintues before you plan to eat them! That way, you are sure not to crack a tooth by eating them frozen…like I did. Oops!
Yummy Dinner Salad
- Romaine Lettuce, Dole Spring Mix, or your favorite kind!
- Broccoli Slaw — layer it on top of the lettuce
- Almonds (slivered or whole!)
- LF Parmesan cheese
- LF Feta cheese or Gorgonzola cheese (optional)
- Light Raspberry & Walnut Vinegrette (or dressing of your choice!)
Lower Fat, Healthified Brownies
- Box of brownie mix…your choice of brand (although, a LF version would be an extra awesome option!)
- 1 egg white (the white only! — throw out the fatty, cholesterol rich yolk)
- 1 single serving container of vanilla yogurt (Light-n-Fit is great! or Kroger brand ‘CarbLite’)
Mix all of this together & bake at temperature directed on box. Don’t bake as long as it says, though. Usually about 20 minutes max. — dishing the mix up into cupcake holders instead of a pan is a FANTASTIC way to monitor your serving size! You have one serving already made up for you : )