This page will be where I share the ‘AWESOME’, the ‘OKAY’, and the ‘NOT SO GREAT BUT STILL MANAGED TO DO IT’ work-outs that I do each day. I try to combine strength training and cardio because I love them both. Although, right now my FAVORITE workout is a routine designed by LesMills known as BodyPUMP. It is a kick-butt workout that is definitely strength training at it’s best, but also gets the heart rate soaring at the same time.
I just completed my SECOND Indianapolis Mini Marathon (13.1) on May 5, 2012. It was AMAZING, just like the first one I participated in. I enjoy running, but I do so in spurts. In addition to running & strength training, I love spinning/cycling, TurboJam (who couldn’t like Chalene?), the occasional Insanity (Shawn T Ba-by!) workout, and devising circuit workouts at the local high-school track with my friend & workout partner!
If you’d like to see what I’m up to & what my body is experiencing on a daily basis, just check in here! Maybe I’ll give you an idea or two on how to change up your exercise routine…or, perhaps you can leave a good comment on how I may add some spice to mine
September 12 ~ Wednesday
- Cardio Kick (AM) – practice 1 hour
- BodyPUMP 78 (PM) – taught it!
- Step It Up (PM) – taught it following BP…SUPER 45 min. cardio workout!
September 11 ~ Tuesday
- Water Aerobics (PM) – taught it…out of water.
September 10 ~ Monday
- Cardio Kick (AM) – GREAT cardio workout. Likely will be sore from this!
- BodyPUMP 79 (PM)
- Step-It-Up (PM) – 45 crazy FUN minutes of Cardio!
- Body & Soul (PM) – took it…awesome stretching involved!
September 9 ~ Sunday
Cardio Kick practice (2.5 hours) – Great cardio workout!
September 8 ~ Saturday
- BodyPUMP Combo: 80, 81, 82 (AM) – taught it!
- Water Aerobics (AM) – taught it…on deck.
September 7 ~ Friday
- REST Day
September 6 ~ Thursday
- Cardio Kick (AM) – 45 minutes
- ABS in gym – 15/20 minutes
- BodyPUMP 81 (PM) – taught it! …could feel some soreness working its way out!
- Water Aerobics (PM) – taught it [on deck!] Sweaty Mess upon completion = check!
September 5 ~ Wednesday
- Morning Energizers (AM)
- BodyPUMP 80 (PM) – taught it. Great class!
- Step It Up (PM) – taught it…SWEATY + FUN = check!
September 4 ~ Tuesday
- Turbo Kick practice (AM)
- Water Aerobics (PM)
September 3 ~ Monday
- BodyPUMP 82 – Team Taught. Super-successful workout (AM)
September 2 ~ Sunday
- 6 mile Rainy Run on backroads of Hburg (AM)
September 1 ~ Saturday
- Turbo Kick — Round 39 (back is already sore from this!)
- BodyPUMP 83 — kicked my BUTT
August 31 ~ Friday
- Turbo Kick ~ Round 39
- ARC Trainer ~ 30 minute increased resistance (35 – 95) workout
- Strength workout in gym (arms + shoulders)
August 30 ~ Thursday
- REST DAY! — NO workout. Not even a walk. Oh, snap. – But my body was telling me through an achy back & calf cramps that it was due!
August 29 ~ Wednesday
- (PM) Step It Up — taught it!
- (PM) BodyPUMP 83 — taught it!
August 28 ~ Tuesday
- (AM) Strength Workout in gym (1 hour) — arms, shoulders, some back
- (PM) Get on the Ball class – ABS & BUTT (taught it)
- (PM) Turbo Jam ~ Round 39
- (PM) Upright Bike ~ 25 minutes of Hills L7
August 27 ~ Monday
- (AM) Cycling — 25 minutes
- (AM) BodyPUMP — took it : ) [down on squat weight because legs were dead, but still made it a great workout by SQUEEZING, SQUEEZING, SQUEEZING!]
- (PM) Step It Up — 45 minutes <– going to be one FUN time! Whoop!
August 26 – Sunday
* ARC Trainer – 42 intense minutes
* Hamstring curls, Inner/Outer Thigh machine, Lower back/Glute Raises
August 25 – Saturday
* (AM) Run with bit of walking ~ 5.5 miles
August 24 – Friday
* (AM) ARC Trainer = 45 minutes ~ Intervals
* (AM) Arms, Shoulders, ABS + Glute Exercises
* (PM) Cycling – 40 minutes
August 23 – Thursday
* Rest Day — 30 minute powerwalk after work
August 22 – Wednesday
- AM: Arm exercises in gym (a few to WAKE MYSELF UP! Since I woke up at 3AM!)
- PM: Step-It-Up class (45 minutes) ~ Taught it & was Sweaty-Mess after! Whoop!
- PM: BodyPUMP (followed step) ~ an AWESOME strength workout bc of a GREAT group of participants! LOTS of energy in the room tonight!
August 21 – Tuesday
- Outdoor Run/Powerwalk around Ferdinand backroads
- Total = 6.15 miles
August 20 – Monday
- AM = ARC – 12 minute warm up (before BodyPUMP)
- AM = BodyPUMP 82 – went up on weight selections
- AM = CXWorx (Core workout) – 30 minutes
- PM = Step Class (45 minutes) – GREAT, sweaty class!
August 19 – Sunday Funday
- ARC Trainer (65 minutes) — Intervals of I5 R30 / I8 R 70-97
- Upright bike (25 minutes) — L7 Rolling Hills
August 18 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP 82 (taught it)
- ARC Trainer — Intervals (Resistance 30 / 70-95) = 40 minutes
- Upright bike — Hills L7 = 25 minutes
LOTS OF UNDOCUMENTED WORKOUTS SHOULD BE HERE!
July 12 – Thursday
- Upright Bike – Hill Interval + Speed Intervals (40 minutes)
- ABS: hanging leg raises & crunches, inclined bench + medicine ball, planks, V-up leg ups
- Tricep Dips, Lat pull-down, Bicep curls (with cable), shoulder pulls (with cable), Hamstring curls (machine),
July 11 – Wedndesday
- BodyPUMP 81 (AM) — taught it! A GREAT class : )
- Water Aerobics (PM) — taught it with ANN! An AWESOME class : )
July 10 – Tuesday
- Strength =
- Inner/Outer Thigh machine + Rows + Hanging ABS (straight leg lifts + curl ups) + Tricep Pull-downs (cable) + Tricep Dips (25 x 2) + Hamstring curls + ABS on bench
- Cardio =
- AM Treadmill: Jog/Run interval (5.3, 5.5, 5.7, 5.9, 6.3, 6,5) x 3 @ 2-3 minutes each speed, followed by: Jogs uphill @ 5.5 speeds, inclines: 3.0, 5.0, 7.0 (and 9.0 for 45 sec. last set) x 3 Total mileage = 4.0
- PM ABS in the gym: Lots of Planks + inclined bench with medicine ball
- Hamstring curls (again) + Treadmill uphill walk (3.0-8.0) about 35 minutes
- Night walk with friend at Y trail – 1 hour or so
July 9 – Monday
- BodyPUMP 80 (AM) – taught it…a GREAT workout!
- Uphill treadmill walk 3.0 – 10.0 (40 minutes)
- Uphill treadmill interval walk 3.0/6.0 & 3.0/9.0 (35 minutes)
- Water AEROBICS (PM) – taught it!
- Walk at Trail with Tiff (PM) – 1.25 hours – I Love TIFF TIME!
July 8 – Sunday: Workout with Meg! ~ super enjoyable!
- ARC Trainer (45 minutes)
- Random assortment of: AB exercises, Tri-cep dips, Assisted dips + chin ups
July 7 – Saturday
- Upright Bike — Hill Interval 35 minutes (GREAT, Sweaty ride!)
- Inner/Outer Thigh Machine
- Strength Exercises: Rows, Tricep dips, Tricep pull-downs, Bicep curls on cable, Lat Pulldowns, Assisted Dips, Hanging leg raises & crunches (ABS), Shoulder pulls on cable, Leg Curls (hamstrings)
July 6 – Friday
- REST DAY! But still had to get in a powerwalk with TIFF!! (1.5 hours)
July 5 – Thursday
- Treadmill workout: Walk uphill (3.0-12.0) for 1.5 miles
- Interval runs (5.3, 5.5, 5.7, 6.0, 6.2, 6.5) x 3 — 30 minutes
- Cool-down Walk uphill & Easy Jog (5.5) — 15 minutes
- AB Workout using inclined bench + 6lb. medicine ball, cybex cable, hanging crunches + straight leg lifts, planks
- Assisted dips 10 x 2
- Lateral Shoulder pulls
- Row machine
- BodyPUMP (PM) – taught it. A CRAZY class, to say the least!
July 4 – Wednesday
- BodyPUMP 82 with Y Gals!
- Water Aerobics – HCP
July 3 – Tuesday
- Treadmill ~ 35 minute Uphill Walk +Interval Run (5.4-6.5)
- AB Exercises using cable, inclined bench + medicine ball, & planks
- Inner/Outer thigh machine
- Assisted Dips — 12 x 2
July 2 – Monday
Back -to- Back -to- Back
- Treadmill – Walk Uphill 3.0-11.0 for 35 minutes
- ARC trainer – 10 minutes
- BodyPUMP – taught it! AWESOME class…lots of Calories burned!!
- Bike Ride with Megan around Hburg – TONS of BIG Hills….GREAT workout!!
July 1 – Sunday
- Warm-up 1 mile Walk uphill (3.0-12.0 incline) on Treadmill
- Interval run on treadmill (5.4, 5.6, 5.8, 6.0, 6.2, 6.5 @ 1.5 minutes each – x4)
- AB exercises using CABLE Cybex machine, weighted medicine ball, plus resistance bands
- Hamstring leg curls – 50 lbs (12 x 2, 8 x 1)
- Assisted Dips (new for me in the gym! I will definitely be adding them to my workouts!)
June 30 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP 81 – taught it (x2) back-to-back
BLOGGING BREAK…OOPS!! — The workouts did NOT stop, I just did not have time to record them on the blog for a few weeks! Hopefully I will be able to post them daily for July!
June 8 – Friday
- ARC Trainer 35 minute: Program = Hill Interval Level 7
- Strength Exercises with Free Weights + Cybex Cable
- * Bicep curls (cable & free weights)
- * Reverse Tri-cep pull down (cable)
- * Tri-cep kickbacks
- * Rows – with cable
- * Incline Fly (free weights)
- * Upright Rows + Overhead presses + Bicep Row combo – weighted bar
- * Shoulder Pulls (with cable)
- * Back Exercise (with cable)
- * Lying arm pull-overs (free weight)
- Upright Bike – 15 minutes Hills
- Elliptical – 20 minutes: Program = Random Level 8
June 7 – Thursday
- REST DAY — only exercise was 45 minute walk around Ferdinand Park
June 6 – Wednesday
- Step Practice (PM) – 35 minutes
- BodyPUMP (PM) – taught it
- Step-It-Up (PM) – taught it
- 15 minutes on ARC Trainer doing intervals + ABS (PM)
June 5 – Tuesday
- Spinning – 45/50 minutes (practiced routine!)
- was a sweaty mess!
- Arms/Chest/Back/Shoulders/ABS strength workout in gym
- 1.25 hours (AM) – a great strength workout, esp. since I
- have not had quality one in a while!
June 4 – Monday
- Warm-up Walk uphill on tready (AM) – 1 mile
- ARC Trainer 40 minute Hill Interval workout (AM)
- Resistance: 35, 50, 65, 80 repeat
- Upright bike – 15/20 minutes (AM)
- Cool-down Walk uphill on tready (AM) – 10 minutes
June 3 – Sunday
- Just a walk with Tiff at trail – more leisure than ‘exercise’
June 2 – Saturday
- REST DAY – JMF Scramble
June 1 – Friday
- 5 AM wake up call for workout before JMF Scramble
- 1 mile walk up-hill on treadmill (to wake-up)
- man-makers, arm exercises, jump-rope, jumping jacks circuit in garage! lol – It was pretty good 40 minute made-up workout, actually!
May 31 – Thursday
- BodyPUMP (PM) – Taught it
May 30 – Wednesday
- Enhanced Fitness – 1 hour Senior Citizen class (AM) – taught it! SUPER FUN!
- Step practice (before class) – 45 minutes
- Step-It-Up class – 45 minutes (PM) – taught it!
- BodyPUMP 81 (PM) – taught it! HARD class bc did not have BodyPUMP Monday.
May 29 – Tuesday
- Run/Walk/Circuit work at ‘walking trail’ in Hburg
- Ran from house to trail, walked/circuit there, ran to Mama/Papa’s house
- Get on the Ball class (PM) – Taught it!
May 28 – Monday
- Step practice with Tiff (1 hour or so)
May 27 – Sunday
- Morning RUN — about 5.5 or 6 miles (some walking involved due to HEAT!, but none-the-less a refreshing run!)
May 26 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (7AM)
May 25 – Friday
- ARC Trainer (30 minutes) – Interval
- Upright Bike – Hills (30 minutes)
- ABS 10-15 minutes
May 24 – Thursday
- Get on the Ball Class (PM) – 45 minutes, taught it.
- focus on Butt & ABS
- 5k Training class (PM) – 1 hour, taught it.
- little jog/walk + strength/cardio mixed exercises
May 23 – Wednesday
- Cycling – 1 hour (great time with Tiff!)
- BodyPUMP (PM) – taught it!
May 22 – Tuesday
- Kick-BUTT Circuit Workout @ the Track with TIFF
- Consisted of 1 mile warm-up run + 3 rounds of circuit:
- * Abs exercises (planks, band work, obliques)
- * Arm/chest/back exercises using Free Weights
- * Running Stairs
- * Tricep Dips/Push-ups
- * Jane Fonda’s (killer butt combo exercise!) + Hip raises
- Get on the Ball Class (Booty + Abs) – 45 minutes
- 5k Training (Run/Walk + Strength/Cardio exercises) – 1 hour
May 21 – Monday (Dad + Grandma’s Birthdays!)
Back to Back to Back
- Step It Up (PM) – 45/50 minutes…taught it!
- BodyPUMP (PM)
- Cycling Practice (PM) – 45/60 minutes
May 20 – Sunday
- Cycling Practice (PM) – 1.5 hours
- 20 minute ARC Trainer — Hills (following cycling)
- AB execises (mostly planks) – 10/15 minutes
May 19 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (7am) – taught it!
- Sophie for walk at trail (PM) – 40 minutes
May 18 – Friday
- Morning Energizers (taught it – senior citizen class) – 1 hour
- Step Aerobics practice – 1 hour
- Cycling Practice – 1 hour
- Sophie for a walk at trail (PM) – 30 minutes
May 17 – Thursday
- AWESOME Morning Circuit Workout @ Track (with Tiff!)
- 1 mile warm-up jog – followed by circuit workout —
- Bleachers – 3 tall rows, run curve (4 rounds total)
- AB/Oblique exercises, run straight-away (3 rounds)
- Tricep Dips + Push-ups/Brazilian squats, jog curve (3 rounds)
- “handy-man” exercise + burpees + Arm Exercises
- Hamstring + Glute exercise + Jane Fonda exercise (1 round)
- Calve Raises + 0.5 mile cool-down walk
May 16 – Wednesday
- 30 minute ARC Trainer — intense Hill Workout
- AB exercises — 15 minutes
- CX Worx DVD with Y gals — Core workout
- BodyPUMP (PM) – taught it! VERY Energetic class, but HARD!
May 15 – Tuesday
- A kick-butt workout with Tiff @ Track – Circuit Style (AM) – 1.5 hours
- Kayaking – good arm workout.
May 14 – Monday
- Morning Powerwalk with Tiff @ trail (AM) – 1 hour 15 minutes
- Step practice – 1 hour (PM)
- Step It Up class – 45 minutes (PM)
- BodyPUMP — great class! (PM)
- Body & Soul yoga class — 50 minutes (PM)
May 13 – Sunday FUNDAY
- plus a REST day. No time for a workout…it was Mother’s Day!
May 12 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (7AM) – Taught it
May 11 – Friday
- Circuit workout @ track w/ Miss Tiff! (AM) – wore weighted hand-gloves during workout
- 1 mile warm-up jog
- Circuit workout =
- 1. Free Weight Arm Exercise
- * Biceps * Rear Deltoid Raise * MACS + Overhead Press * Biceps
- 2. RUN straight-away
- 3. ABS Station
- 4. Jog to bleachers & Run STAIRS
- 5. Tri-cep dips/squats/Push-ups (mixed it up @ this station)
- repeat circuit 4x
- Sprint (ish) straight-aways & walk curves — 1 mile
May 10 – Thursday (REST DAY)
- Walk Sophie @ Hburg Walking trail – 35 minutes
- LHV hill walk w/ Megan – 1 hour
May 9 – Wednesday
- BodyPUMP 81 (AM)
- Short Run/Walk at trail behind Y (AM)
- Powerwalk — 1.75 hours @ LHV…hills! (PM)
May 8 – Tuesday
- Track Workout – circuit style (AM)
May 7 – Monday
- Step-It-Up — 45 minutes (taught it!)
- BodyPUMP – both were GREAT work-outs!-
May 6 – Sunday
- 9.6 mile Walk with the gals…on the Bloomington Rail Trail
- that worked out the soreness!
May 5 – Saturday
- 2012 INDY MINI Marathon — non-stop 13.1 miles
- Finishing time = 2 hours, 4 minutes
May 4 – Friday (quickie work-out before heading to INDY)
- ARC Trainer — 15 minute Hill workout (warm-up)
- Elliptical – Random L7 25 minutes
- Few ARM Exercises — 20 minutes
May 3 – Thursday
- Bike – Intervals + hills (AM) – 35 minutes
- Arm, Shoulder, Hamstring & AB exercises (AM) – 50 minutes
- Powerwalk with Tiff @ New trail (PM) – 1 hour
- BodyPUMP 81 (PM) – taught it!
May 2 – Wednesday
- Workout at the track…2.25 mile warm-up run/walk
- Remaining 1 hour consisted of running bleacher stairs, running/walking, 100 push-ups, 25 x 2 tri-cep dips, 60 lunges, + AB exercises
- Then walked home
May 1 – Tuesday
- Elliptical (AM) – 10 minute warm-up on Random L7
- Arms, Back, Inner/Outer Thigh workout (AM) – 50 minutes
April 30 – Monday
- Upright bike…Interval program L7 (AM) – 40 minutes
- ABS, Back, & Inner thigh workout (AM) – 40 minutes
- STEP-IT-UP (PM) – 1 hour 15 minutes with run-thorugh included
- Sweaty-mess after this ended!
- BodyPUMP 81 (PM)
April 29 – Sunday
- 9.5 mile RUN around Hburg (AM – before church!) — 1.5 hours
April 28 – Saturday
- REST DAY. – no time for workout
April 27 – Friday
- ARC Trainer — Hill workout (resistance: 25, 35, 55, 70…repeat) – 30 minutes
- Treadmill — Sequence mph 5.2, 5.5, 5.7, 6.0 –> walk incline 9.0 @ 4.0
- (2 minutes at each speed…repeat sequence x 3.5 ) – 30 minutes
- Wore weighted handgloves
- Get on the Ball — worked BUTT & ABS (AM) – taught it! – 45 minutes
April 26 – Thursday
- Rest Day (AM)
- BodyPUMP 81 (PM) – taught it!
April 25 – Wednesday
- Elliptical warm up- Random workout L6 (AM) 20 minutes
- ARM exercises — using Free weights & Cybex machine
- BACK & SHOULDER exercises
- Inner thigh exercise (using Cybex machine)
April 24 – Tuesday
- Upright Bike Interval workout (AM) – 40 minutes
- Shoulder + Back + Inner Thigh Exercise
- AB workout – 15/20 minutes
- Upright Bike Interval & Hill workout (PM) – 40 minutes
April 23 – Monday
- Long Run with Meg & Lincoln State Park @ 9 miles or so — 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Step Practice (PM) — 45/50 minutes
- STEP IT UP class (PM) — 45 minutes
- BodyPUMP 81 (PM) — Launch Party!!
April 22 – Sunday
- Walk with Sophie at Hburg trail — 35 minutes (many stop/starts…thanks Soph.)
- STEP Practice — 1.5 hours (worked up a SWEAT!)
- BodyPUMP Practice for Launch 81 tomorrow — light weights
April 21 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (7AM) – taught it!
- Upright Bike – fitness program interval 30 minutes (AM)
- ARC Trainer (AM) – 15 minutes
- 15/20 minute AB workout + a few Shoulder & Back exercises (AM)
April 20 – Friday
- Upright Bike (Fitness Test + program) — 35 minutes (AM)
- Get on the Ball (Butt & Ab class) — 45 minutes (AM)
- ARM + Back + Shoulder workout — 45/50 minutes (AM)
April 19 – Thursday
- Run around downtown & backroads of Hburg (AM)
- Total time = 1.5 hours, Mileage = roughly 8-8.5
- Mostly run with a few tiny walks in the mix – perfect weather!
April 18 – Wednesday
- Tackled thus far ‘sweaty mess’ workout…
- Elliptical – Random L7 25 minute warm-up (AM)
- ARM & Inner Thigh workout in the gym (AM) – 50 minutes
- BodyPUMP (release 81 practice with the Y gals) – light weights
- Powerwalk on the Y trail — 45 minutes (PM)
April 17 – Tuesday (An Easy/Rest-ish kind of day. Body was beat.)
- Few arms, squats, & lunges (during personal training session)
- CHALENE Extreme
- Ab Burner + Extreme Abs (PM) – 30 minutes
April 16 – Monday
- STEP practice (outside) – approximately 2 hours
- STEP practice at Y – 40 minutes
- Taught STEP-IT-UP class (sweaty mess after!) – 45 minutes
- Also included ABS at the end!
- BodyPUMP 80 – taught it!
April 15 – Sunday
- Run/Walk with Megan (AM) – trails + pavement
- Run = 50 minutes Walk = 40/45 minutes
- Brazilian AB workout
- BodyPUMP 81 Practice — select tracks
April 14 – Saturday
- A Rest Day — no exercise. not even a walk…woah. weird, but nice.
April 13 – Friday
- BodyPUMP release 81 (AM) — warm-up, chest, back, and bicep tracks – 35 minutes
- ‘Get on the Ball’ (AM) – taught! A good Butt & Gut toning class – 45 minutes
- B-Line Rail Trail walk (PM) —
April 12 – Thursday
- ARC Trainer (AM) – 20 minute warm-up to get moving
- ARM & AB Workout in gym (AM) – 1 hour
- Chest, Triceps, Biceps, Shoulders, Obliques & ABS
- A GREAT combination of new & old exercises! FUN workout!
April 11 – Wednesday
- Step Practice (1.25 hours) + Step Class (30 minutes) – Ginny taught it!
- AB workout (PM) – 35/40 minutes
April 10 – Tuesday
- BodyPUMP Release 81 (AM) – used light weight…8 lb. dumb-bells the whole time.
- STEP routine (afternoon) – 1 hour practice ~ worked up a nice sweat!
- Loving Step!! – coming at a bad time though, becuase I should be RUNNING!
- Walk with DAD at Trail — short = 1.5 miles (enough for Dad, though!)
April 9 – Monday
- Morning Energizers (AM) – taught it
- ARM Exercises in GYM – triceps, biceps, shoulders, back (AM)
- 40/45 minutes
- Step Routine practice ~ 2 hours
- Step It Up class (I took it, Ginny taught it!) ~ 45 minutes (PM)
- BodyPUMP – taught it!
April 8 – Sunday
- ‘Rise-n-Shine’ Morning Walk (AM before church) – 25 minute powerwalk
- Outdoor ABS (AM before church) – 20 minutes
- Step practice
April 7 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (AM) – awesome class with great group of girls/ladies! ~ taught it : )
- Run/walk with Meg (AM) 1 hr & 20 min – didn’t ‘I Map My RUN’ it, but I know the route & it is approximately 5.5 miles with GOOD hills involved! – It was a GREAT run/walk/talk session with Meg…So much catching up to do!
April 6 – Friday
- ‘Good Morning’ Run = 11.5 miles …all over Hburg : )
- An AWESOME run because weather was PERFECT
April 5 – Thursday
- REST DAY = 40 minute night walk
April 4 – Wednesday
- BodyPUMP (AM) – team teach with DeNae
- AB focused workout – about 30/35 minutes (AM)
- Obliques, lower abdominals, & upper
- ARM exercises — about 30 minutes (AM)
- Triceps, biceps & shoulders
April 3 – Tuesday
- High-Low Cardio Class (AM)
April 2 – Monday
- 15 minute ARC Trainer Warm-UP — followed by ARM + AB workout (AM) – focused on triceps, biceps, shoulders & abs
- High-Low Practice ~ an hour (afternoon – outside!)
- BodyPUMP (PM) – taught it!
April 1 – Sunday
- Mileage run w/ Tiff & Megan (afternoon)
- Approximately 2 hours running with little walks before and after
- 8 – 8.5 miles Total
- Walking 9 holes (golf) @ H-Track
March 31 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (AM) – taught it!
- ARM + AB Workout @ Y (AM) ~ 50/60 minutes
- focused on: Triceps, Biceps, & Shoulders
- Walks outdoors on 3 different trails – Perfect day for outdoor trail walks with friends!
March 30 – Friday
- ARC Trainer – 60 minutes (sweaty mess afterwards) Interval workout
- Get on the Ball – 45 minutes (AM) – taught it!
- for the butt & gut
March 29 – Thursday
- GYM = AB Exercises + Butt/Thigh Exercises
- 45-50 minutes
- Equipment = Medicine ball, Stability Ball & CYBEX Machine
March 28 – Wednesday
- BodyPUMP (AM) – taught it!
March 27 – Tuesday
- Was going to be REST Day, but weather was too nice & I ate a few too many Cadbury eggs to not get in a workout today!
- Run/Walk — approximately 1 hour & 10 minutes
- included 2 MAJOR hills that required HIKING.
March 26 – Monday
- BodyPUMP (AM) – Taught it!
- Hit the Gym for another hour to focus on more strength training:
- ARC Trainer warm-up ~ 10 minutes
- ARM Exercises using free weights & medicine ball
- AB Exercises using medicine ball
March 25 – Sunday
- Run on the backroads of Hburg!
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- Between 7.5-8 miles
March 24 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP (AM) ~ taught it!
March 23 – Friday
- Morning Energizers — taught it (AM) ~ 1 hour
- 20 minutes ARC Trainer w/ weighted handgloves (AM)
- Oblique exercise using CYBEX — 16 x 2 each side
- ARM Exercises — triceps on CYBEX & bicep curls w/ hand weights
- Ball Toss with 6 lb. medicine ball (2 songs)
- Flys & Reverse flys (on stability ball)
- The ‘C’ Exercise — arms (on stability ball)
- Butt & Inner thigh work — using CYBEX
March 22 – Thursday
- Road Run — approximately 7.5 miles Total Time = 1 hr 35 min
March 21 – Wednesday
- Morning Energizers
- Practice for HIGH-LOW Cardio — 2.25 hours!
- Taught HIGH-LOW Cardio (45 minute class) – GREAT workout. I was a sweaty mess afterward.
March 20 – Tuesday
- Run/Walk on backroads…a refreshing workout. Total time = 1.5 hours
- About 7 miles total
March 19 – Monday
- BodyPUMP with Ginny @ Y (PM)
March 18 – Sunday
- Brazilian Butt Lift AB workout w/ Ann & Megan ~ 20 minutes
- Rest Day
March 17 – Saturday
- Run with Megan throughout Indy — 1 hour & 50 minutes…approximately 9+ miles
- Bike Ride with Megan around Indy — 1 hour & 20 minutes…felt great!
March 16 – Friday
- Get on the Ball class ~ 45 minutes of Butt & AB exercises (I taught it! WHOOP!)
- Strength work-out in fitness center (focus onn arms & butt/thighs) ~ 45-50 minutes
- Oblique exercise on CYBEX (15 reps each side x3)
- Tri-cep exercises
- Bicep exercises
- Flys on ball
- Other arm exercises using stability ball, medicine ball & 10 lbs. free weights
- Butt & thigh weighted exercises using CYBEX
March 15 – Thursday
- 20 minutes ARC Trainer
- 50 standing side oblique crunches (each side)
- 15 minutes floor abs using stability ball & weighted medicine ball
- Walk with Katy @ exercise trail ~ 1 hour or so
March 14 – Wednesday
- 10 minute ARC Trainer Warm-up (AM)
- BodyPUMP with DeNae @ YMCA ~ a great workout! (AM)
- AB workout @ Y (PM) ~ 30 minutes
March 13 – Tuesday
- Run/Walk outside — backroads near house (AM) ~ 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total Mileage = 5.75 miles
- Post run = 35 push-ups + 50 standing oblique crunches each side (AM)
- 20 minutes ARC Trainer (PM)
- CYBEX Butt/thigh exercises + new oblique AB exercise (PM)
- Russian Twist & Wood-chop ABS with Weighted medicine ball (PM)
March 12 – Monday (Low-Key/Rest Day)
- 20 minute Elliptical ~ Workout: Random Level 7
- 35 minute Walk uphill (3.0-8.0 inclines) on Tready
- Butt & Outer thigh exercise using CYBEX
- Hamstring — leg press (12 x 3 @ 60 lbs)
March 11 – Sunday
- Run/Walk @ LHV with Megan & Tiff ~ A great & fun workout! ~ 1.5/2 hours
March 10 – Saturday
- BodyPUMP with Ginny @ YMCA (AM)
- ARC Trainer – 30 minutes Interval workout (AM)
- ABS + Butt/Thigh (with CYBEX) ~ 25 minutes
- Powerwalk with Megan (afternoon) ~ 1 hr
March 9 – Friday
- ARC Trainer (AM) 30 minutes – Interval workout
- ARM + Butt/Thigh Exercises (AM) – using free weights & CYBEX Machine ~ 45 minutes
- Cardio + ABS fun…made up my own wrokout to music in Group Ex. Room. ~ 20/30 minutes
March 8 – Thursday
- Spin @ Y with Ginny (AM) ~ 45/60 minutes
- 20 minutes Elliptical (AM) ~ program = random L7
- Arm exercises using free weights (AM)
- Butt & Thigh work w/ weights (AM) ~ CYBEX machine
March 7 – Wednesday
- BodyPUMP @ Y with DeNae (AM) — stepped it up on most tracks
- ARC Trainer ~ 15 minutes (AM) + AB Exercises ~ 20 minutes (AM)
- High-Low Cardio – I taught it! + practiced it beforehead, too! (PM) ~ 45 minutes
- Tag + Relay sprints with the Kiddos at the Y tonight in Youth Fitness! – burned some calories playing for an hour I’m sure of it!
March 6 – Tuesday
- Interval Workout at YMCA Exercise Trail ~ 1.4 hours
- included: Dips, push-ups, & step-ups on bench, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, Planks (for abs), running & walking, “dots” <– does gym class ring ball?
March 5 – Monday
- BodyPUMP @ Y with DeNae (AM) — great class!
- 25 minutes ARC Trainer (AM) — to prevent some soreness from setting in!
- 10 minute stretching (AM)
- LesMills Quarterly Event — 7 LesMills Classes in ONE day! It was AWESOME!
- BodyPUMP ~ 1 hr
- BodySTEP ~ 45 minutes
- BodyCOMBAT (martial arts/kickboxing cardio class) ~ 45 minutes
- RPM (cycling class) ~ 45-60 minutes
- CXWorx (an intense 30 minute core/ab class that was SW-EET!)
- BodyATTACK (super fun & intense cardio class. Loved it!) ~ 1 hr
- BodyFLOW (combination of yoga + pilates + tai chi) ~ 30-45 minutes
- BodyPUMP @ the Y ~ team teaching with Ginny! (AM)
- Get on the Ball class @ YMCA with DeNae (AM) ~ A great toning class for the butt and the abs — 45 minutes
- 45 minutes ARC Trainer — a GREAT sweaty workout! (AM)
- 15 minutes Elliptical ~ Program: Random Level 7 (AM)
- 15 minute ARC Trainer + 15 minute Treadmill Walk UPHILL
- Hamstring Leg curls (12 x 3), Inner/Outer Thighs, Glutes, Triceip pull downs
- An assortment of AB exercises ~ 25 minutes
- Cardio Kickboxing workout I made up in the group fitness room @ Y (mainly TurboJam & Insanity moves to my Ipod tunes) ~ 25 minutes or so — a great CORE workout bc I made sure to do lots of twisting!
- BodyPUMP 80 ~ Taught it! (AM) — a GREAT start to the day
- BodyPUMP 81 practice with the Y gals! (AM) – felt the burn
- Outdoor Run/Walk with DeNae @ the trail behind the Y. (AM) — I was pretty beat by this part of the morning! But felt SO good outside! ~ 3-3.5 miles run/walk
- High-Low Cardio with Ginny @ YMCA (AM) ~ 45 minute cardio + abs
- Toning workout: Tri-ceps, Glute exercise, Hamstring Leg curls, & Abs ~ 30 minutes
- BodyPUMP with DeNae @ YMCA (AM) ~ Great class!
- 20 minutes ARC Trainer (AM)
- Treadmill — 1 mile walk uphill + 1 mile jog pace (AM)
- Outdoor trail run/walk/lunge/step-ups + bench dips (AM) ~ 40/45 minutes
- BodyPUMP (AM)
- ARC Trainer ~ 30 minutes (AM)
- Inner/Outer Thigh Machine (AM)
- Elliptical: Program = Random ~ 25 minutes (PM)
- AB Exercises ~ 15/20 minutes (PM)
- Cycling ~ 45 minutes @ YMCA (AM)
- Elliptical: Program = Random ~ 28 minutes (AM) Level 6
- Hamstring Machine ~ 10-12 reps, 3 sets (AM)
- BodyPUMP with DeNae! (AM)
- Arm + Butt exercises ~ did alongside lady I trained (AM)
- Arc Trainer: Intense Interval workout ~ 50 minutes @ YMCA (AM)
- Elliptical: Program = Random ~ 22 minutes (AM) Level 6
- AB workout + stretch
- Get on the Ball (AKA = Butt & Gut Class!) ~ with DeNae (AM) = Great Toning workout!
- 15 minutes ARC Trainer ~ to get pumped up
- Strength training workout for ARMS: Biceps, Triceps, Inclined Flys, Overhead Presses, + shoulder work
- 25 minute TREADMILL Run ~ 2.25 miles (I died…but at least I attempted a RUN!)
- BodyPUMP @ the YMCA with Ginny (AM) ~ a GREAT start to the day!
- 40 minutes ARC Trainer: Interval workout (AM – post bodyPUMP)
- Arm Circuit + Tricep exercise using Cybex (AM)
Day 1 ~ January 9
Day 2 ~ January 10
- Spinning @ the Y + Abs using the ball
Day 3 ~ January 11
Day 4 ~ January 12
- High and Low — at the YMCA (this is very similar to Insanity, but a notch down on intensity level…still a great workout though!)
- Turbo Jam ABS
Day 5 ~ January 13
- A GREAT Home workout — today I used the treadmill and did some Interval training. Started with 1 mile uphill walk to warm up, then start a combo routine that included: run –> leg exercise –> leg exercise/cardio –> AB or Arm exercise –> walk uphill. I would listen to a full song doing one exercise, then switch to the next each time a new song came on my Pod.
- Round 1 = Run @ 5.7 for 2 songs, Squats holding hand-weights, Standing lounges, AB planks & side planks, Walk uphill
- Round 2 = Run @ 5.7 for 1 song, Modified Burpees, High low punches (Turbo Jam move), Crunches, Overhead press with weights,
- Walk uphill
- Round 3 = Run @ 5.8 for 1 song, Up downs (football drink + 4 push-ups each time I went down), Heisman, Tuppawala (from Turbo),
- Tri-cep kick-backs
Day 6 ~ January 14
- Excellent morning BodyPUMP workout (an awesome way to start my Saturday!)
Day 7 ~ January 15
- Turbo Jam Kickin’ Core (30 minute cardio)
- P90x ~ Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps
- P90x ~ Ab Ripper X
Day 8 ~ January 16
- Chalene Extreme — Plyometric Cardio Circuit
- P90x ~ Shoulders & Arms
- Turbo Jam ABS
Day 9 ~ January 17
- off (but did manage to do a few arm machines & push-ups + sit-ups)
Day 10 ~ January 18
- BodyPUMP (a great class with DeNea! ~ drank Xe Energy & it Pumped.Me.UP!)
Day 11 ~ January 19
- Walk with Nanny at gym (30 minutes ~ not exactly speed walking, though)
- ARC TRAINER @ the ‘Y’ (50 minutes ~ Intervals: Switching between level 25 & 60/65 with various inclines — 2.5 minute intervals)
Day 12 ~ January 20
- 10 minute warm-up on Elliptical
- ‘Butt & Gut’ group fitness class (using core ball & working with Buns & ABS! Great 45 minute class)
- ARC Trainer (40 minute Interval workout…awesome cardio!)
Day 13 ~ January 21
- BodyPUMP (kicked my butt today! my quads & biceps are worn out tonight from class that was @ 8 this morning!)
Day 14 ~ January 22
- AM Workout/Interval workout (a great start to my Sunday…since we opted for Saturday evening Mass this weekend)
- combination of walking uphill, running, & interval exercises/ab exercises
- 1/2 of Turbo Jam ABS — the floor portion
Day 15 ~ January 23
- AM = BodyPUMP @ the ‘Y’ with DeNae!
- PM = Cardio
- 25 minutes on Elliptical — interval workout (pre-set level 5)
- 30 minutes on ARC Trainer — interval workout
WOW, forgot to update you all on my workout this past week. I’ll do my best to remember what I can, but my memory doesn’t go back much past this past Friday. I know I did workouts everyday last week, just can’t remember them!
Friday ~ January 27
- Butt & Gut (core stability ball class) – 45 minutes with DeNae
- Little extra various exercises during Personal Training session
Saturday ~ January 28
- Brazilian Butt Lift AB video (20 minutes) @ Ann’s
- some Body PUMP practice using free weights (lunges, squats, biceps…)
Sunday ~ January 29
- off day
Monday ~ January 30
- BodyPUMP in the AM with DeNae
- Exercises during Personal Training session
- BodyPUMP practice + extra exercises while training people in on machines at Y — got more exercises in than I expected : )
Tuesday ~ January 31
- Spin Class in the AM with Ginny (worked up a GREAT sweat!)
- BodyPUMP Training run through (using small amount of weight all) + ABS
- Walk with Nanny & Mom at gym (30 minutes — leisurely speed)
Hamstrings, Inner/Outer Thigh machine, Quads (machines at Y)